Clinique is probably the most famous department store brand of makeup, but there are plenty of ways to get around their high pricetag. Here are a few items that you can get at your local drugstore that are just as good as the products Clinique is offering.
Instead of this: The Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturising Lip Colour Balm, $16
Try this: CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm, $7
Instead of this: Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent, $18
Try this: Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, $7
(CVS and Walmart have their own versions of this makeup remover for even less than the Neutrogena)
Instead of this: Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara, $16
Try this: Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara, $7
We aren’t picking on just Clinique though, there are other brands that can be replaced with cheaper drug store options instead.
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso – $8; remarkably close color to Nars Blush in Orgasm, $28.
- Wet and Wild lip liners – at $.99 each they are a steal (we also learned that the make-up artists on the long-running soap opera ABC’s General Hospital swear by them).
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Nude – $7.99; works just as good, if not better, than bigger name brands.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm – $3.30; We’ve all heard this one before, but don’t waste your money on expensive lip balms, Burt’s Bees is tried and true and always appears at the top of reviewers lists.
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick – $5;has gorgeous colors and a smooth finish.
- E.l.f. Essential Flawless Eyeshadow – $2; has gorgeous hues, especially if you are going for a smoky look.
So next time you see those expensive high-end brands on the pages of a magazine, take a trip to your nearest drug store and check out alternatives like the ones listed above, you will be able to attain the exact same look at a ridiculously discounted price.